Spearmint, Mentha spicata is a mint species that is native to the Balkan Peninsula and Turkey. It has also established itself in much of Europe, in parts of northern and western Africa, North America, South America, Asia and as well as oceanic islands.
Spearmint is an enduring plant growing to a height of 30 – 100 cm. The leaves are around 5 – 9 cm in length and 1.5 – 3 cm broad with a square-shaped stem. Spearmint produces pink or white colored flowers in thin spikes.
- Supports a healthy digestive function
- Supports a healthy metabolism function
- Soothes feeling of tension in the head
- May calm occasional nausea
- Promotes an uplifting mood
- Encourages a sense of calm
- Promotes a sense of balance
Common Modes Of Application
- Topical (External, Diluted)
Mild, use with caution.
Spearmint is widely considered as a milder version of peppermint. It has a unique aroma and is great for diffusing.
Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Use pure unadulterated essential oils only.