Peppermint – Mentha piperita, is a cross between watermint and spearmint and is native to Europe and the Middle East. It is occasionally found in the wild with its parent species.
Peppermint grows to around 30 – 90 cm in height. It has smooth stems and it’s cross section is square. The leaves can grow to be around 4 – 9 cm in length and 1.5 – 4 cm wide. The leaves are dark green and together with the stems are often slightly fuzzy. The flowers are purple in color around 6 – 8 mm long and the flowering season usually lasts from mid to late summer. Peppermint is a fast growing and spreading plant.
- Makes environment unfriendly for insects
- Soothes fatigued muscles
- Relieves feelings of tension in the head and neck
- Supports healthy digestive function
- Supports healthy nasal function
- Supports healthy respiratory function
- Supports healthy looking skin
- Provides a cooling sensation when feeling hot flushed
- Aroma promotes focus
- Aroma promotes alertness
- Topical (External, Diluted)
Intense, use with extra caution.
Dilute and massage for a cooling sensation that is great for easing fatigue.
Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Use pure unadulterated essential oils only.