It is a small to medium-size evergreen tree and grows to around 14–20 metres (46–66 ft) tall. The narrow conic crown consists of dense, dark-green leaves and the bark on young trees is smooth, grey becoming rough and fissured when old. The leaves are flat and needle-like. The needles become thicker and shorter the higher they are on the tree. The seed cones are erect and dark purple, ripening to brown and disintegrating to release the winged seeds around September.
- Soothes nasal congestion discomfort
- Soothes lung congestion discomfort
- Soothes fatigued muscles
- Promotes a sense of grounding
- Encourages a sense of calm and peace
- Topical (External, Diluted)