It grows up to a height of 40 – 60 cm and comprises of a system of alternating delicate leaves that measure around 10 – 20 cm in length. The stems are hollow and slender. Dill produces flowers that are yellow in small umbels around 2 – 9 cm in diameter. Seeds may be slightly curved and measure around 5 mm in length and 1 mm across.
- Soothes menstrual discomfort
- Supports a healthy digestive system
- Makes environment unfriendly to germs
- Makes environment unfriendly for insects
- Aroma may promote a sense of calm
- Topical (External, Diluted)
Dill should be avoided before surgery as it may interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgery.
It may lower blood sugar in people with diabetes causing low blood sugar and should be avoided.
Dill may lower thyroid hormone levels and worsen symptoms for people with an under active thyroid and should be avoided.